The PE and Sport Premium is intended to increase physical literacy amongst pupils and to provide them with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The objective of the PE and Sport Premium is to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in schools. We aim to do this by:-
- Engaging all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- Raising the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increasing the confidence, knowledge and skills of non-specialist staff in teaching PE and sport
- Offering a broader experience of a range of sports and activities to all pupils
- Increasing participation in competitive sport